By confirming this booking, PRO-INVENT Ltd undertakes to carry out the following:
1. PRO-INVENT Limited undertakes to provide a fair and accurate report of the condition, cleanliness and contents of the property. If no comment is made about an item’s condition, it is considered to be in good condition and free from any obvious soiling, damage or defect.
2. This report is not intended to form any part of a building survey and does not comment on the functionality of the property.
3. This report is no guarantee of adequacy, working order or safety of any item noted.
4. The clerks are not required to move heavy or fragile pieces of furniture or objects. No responsibility will be taken by Pro-Invent Limited for areas or items that cannot be fully inspected.
5. This report applies to all rooms and items that are easily accessible and will exclude the exterior of the property, attics, cellars, garden sheds and garages unless they are considered to be habitable areas included in the tenancy or it is requested in writing that these areas be included and will incur extra costs.
6. The exterior of the property will not be inspected by PRO-INVENT Limited unless it is carried out during daylight.
7. It is the responsibility of the Landlord and Agent to ensure that the property’s furniture, fixtures, fittings, furnishings, gas, electrics and all other installations comply with current legislation.
8. PRO-INVENT Limited is not responsible for ensuring the working condition of any appliance or installation. This includes all white goods, boilers, portable appliances, light fittings, pumps, smoke detectors, carbon monoxide alarms.
9. Where possible and accessible Pro-Invent Limited will note the location of any smoke alarms and carbon monoxide alarms, however it is ultimately the Landlords and Agents responsibility to ensure that alarms have been checked and that they are in full working order in accordance with current legislation.
10. PRO-INVENT Limited test for power only with light fittings and appliances, should the clerk consider it safe. Findings will be noted in the report however we will not know if they are in working order or whether they comply with safety regulations.
11. On all electrical appliances, we will comment on the exterior condition of the item, i.e. if Pro-Invent Ltd states that an item is in a ‘good condition’ this does not mean that the item has been tested and is working. PRO-INVENT Limited is not responsible for ensuring the working condition of any appliance or installation.
12. The clerks of PRO-INVENT Limited are not qualified surveyors, fabric experts, antique experts, plumbers, gas or electrical technicians. Any terms used such as brass, silver, gold, copper, oak, pine etc relate to the description of the colour of the item and not to the composition.
13. PRO-INVENT Limited will comment on windows and doors, however they are not tested to ensure that they are in working order.
14. The report reflects, but is not limited to, the opinion of the clerks of PRO-INVENT Limited.
15. This report is not to be used as a basis for valuation purposes and remains the intellectual property of PRO-INVENT Limited.
16. If the clerk is unable to gain access to the property or should the tenant be considered a “no show” or later than 20 minutes, PRO-INVENT Limited will invoice for 50% of the full payment of the required work.
17. PRO-INVENT LIMITED request that we are given at least 24 hours’ notice before the booking time. Cancellations made within 24 hours will be invoiced for 50% of the full payment of the required work.
18. PRO-INVENT Limited will provide their services with reasonable care and skill. We will not be held liable for any missed appointments arising from the supply of incorrect or incomplete information or the failure to supply us with updated information.
19. Confirmation of a booking via email or in person from PRO-INVENT Limited is to be considered a contract; PRO-INVENT Limited will invoice the party who confirmed the booking.
20. Invoices are to be paid within 14 days.
21. If the invoice is not paid in full within 14 days, PRO-INVENT Limited reserves the right to charge interest from the date of presentation and to include the total cost of recovery at a rate of 1.5% above the base rate set by The Bank of England on the day of presentation.
22. It is the Agents and / or Landlord’s responsibility to make the clerk aware of the locations of any meters and to ensure that they are labelled and accessible. Should meters not be located or accessible to read then no readings will be taken and we cannot be held responsible for this.
23. Tenants should appreciate that it is essential for all items to be returned to their respective rooms, as set out in the inventory report at the termination of the tenancy. Failure to do so may result in these items being noted as missing and a charge might be deducted from their deposit.
24. Tenants are responsible during the term of the tenancy for the items listed and whilst the Landlord may repair or replace defective items that occur during the term, damages which are not due to fair wear and tear is the responsibility of the Tenant.
25. The Fire and Safety regulations regarding furnishings, gas and electrical items alike are the responsibility of the Landlord. Where the inventory notes that an FFR label is seen, this should not be interpreted as that the item complies with the furniture and furnishings (Fire) (Safety) (Amendments) act of 1993. It is merely a record that the item had a label as described or similar to that detailed in the guide to the regulations as published by the Department of Trade and Industry, January 1997 (or subsequent edition), attached at the time the inventory was compiled.
26. You agree to hold harmless and indemnify us against any misrepresentation, whether intentional or unintentional, supplied to us orally or in writing in connection with this agreement. You have agreed that you will not bring any claim in connection with services provided to you by PRO-INVENT Limited against any of our employees on a personal basis. You agree to indemnify us for any suggestions of compensation on the report as this is purely for guidance purposes only.